Sunday, April 1, 2012

Two Week Motorbike Trip in Northern Lao?


01/04/2012 4:53 PM

So my plans for Lao have been changing daily; I have however decided what I will be doing. I will be doing a 12-14 day motorbike trip through the North of Lao. My route will be as follows. I will start in Louang Pranbang tomorrow morning (April 2nd) and head to Oudom Xai via Highway 13. I will spend a night there. The next day I will head to Phongsali via route 2E and subsequently 1B. I will most likely spend two nights there. This town is pretty much on top of a 4000 ft hill so it should be nice to relax in for a while. After my two nights here, I will head Knong Khiew via Highway 13 and subsequently route 1C. I will spend the night there. The next day I will push on to Vieng Thong where I may choose to spend two nights. After that I will head to Vieng Xai, near the Vietnamese boarder via route 1C and subsequently Highway 6. I will spend two nights there. From there I will have a long day and push to Phonsavan, where the plan of Jars are located, via Highway 6. I will spend a few days there. Then I will ride back to Louang Prabang. I`ve roughly calculated that this should take about 12-14 days depending on how many days I spend in each place. 

I fortunately ran into a married couple this morning that were supposed to head out today, but they had problems with their bike so they will be leaving tomorrow. There is a chance that I will ride with them for the first few days as they are headed to Phongsali as well, but we will see what happens. I am incredibly excited! The roads I will be riding on are all paved, aside from a few kilometres here and there, but they will be deserted, pass through mountains and will be completely fun to ride.

All for now; not sure how much posting I will get done in the next while as I`m not sure of the internet situation, but I will definitely keep writing and taking lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment