Wednesday, April 18, 2012

340 KM - 12 hours bus ride - the beginning of my journey home


19/04/2012 7:11 AM

So morning number one in Vientiane, havnt really got a feel for it yet. I’m somewhat annoyed by my hotel given that I emailed them three days ago telling them when I would be here and for how long, yet they seemed to have misplaced my reservation and now may not be able to promise me a second night there which will involve me changing hotels.... rather irritating to say the least. Nonetheless, it is a nice hotel located in the centre of Vientiane. So I'm not really complaining, just somewhat irritated.

Not much interesting to report on yesterday.... Twelve hour bus ride from Laoung Prabang to here; nothing very interesting; pretty much got to my hotel and went to bed.

I’ll spend today wandering the town and hopefully meet up with Tom and Ann at some point. I’ve also got to head over to a bus station to confirm my bus to Udon Thani for tomorrow. 

All for now!

19/04/2012 8:23 AM

So I’ve now had my coffee and wandered the town a little bit.... its bloody hot here. It was already 30+ degrees at 8 AM. I walked over to the bus terminal to book my ticket to Udon tomorrow, however, I cant book until the day of, which is kind of annoying, but whatever; LPDR. I quite like this city, out of all the Asian cities I’ve been to, I think I could imagine actually living here. Its got that fantastic mix of great French cafes with strong coffee and flaky, buttery croissants.... going to have to do a lot of walking today to burn off those calories. Damn it is hot!

I’m somewhat bummed that I only have one day here; but I think I made the right choice to stay in the North longer and sacrifice the time here. I’m not entirely looking forward to today.... I just feel like I'm waiting around for the rest of my journey to get home... but id best get used to it as its going to be another 4 days of this. Not sure what I’ll do today, probably wander the city, it’s supposed to hit 52 degrees Celsius, so that may prove unpleasant.

All for now

No comments:

Post a Comment