Monday, April 16, 2012

Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired


16/04/2012 2:32 PM

So I have not been writing much lately. Not really sure why... guess I just have not been in the mood much.  Last time I checked in was in Phonsavan about 3 days ago. So I’m back in LP at this point just relaxing. Slept in today, had a late breakfast, went for a massage, got a shave and haircut. Nothing too interesting; I do think I will miss being able to get a shave and a haircut for just a few dollars though... far more than cheap massages which don’t really do much for me.

So the last three days.... I road to Sam Nuea in Northeastern Lao which I’m not sure is entirely worth visiting. The roads are beautiful and the landscape it stunning, but to be honest, all of Northern Lao that I have seen is nothing but. Maybe that’s the reason I have not been writing much.... there simply isint anything to say. I’ve already described the beauty of this country and how much of an amazing experience I am having. The pictures are literally all the same... another reason I have not posted much. 

So I arrived back in LP a day early yesterday. I had originally planned to stop in Knong Kiew for a night to chill out, but I just was not feeling it; the route I have planed out was pretty much three 150 km days... which means that I arrive at my destination around noon with not much to do other than walk around a village that can been taken in in about 30 minutes. So I opted to ride from Vieng Thong, which you might even have trouble calling a village, back to LP in one day. It was 300+ KM but the last 100 was a larger highway, which means going faster. I stopped in Knong Kiew for a little while and had some great Indian food, then headed back to LP. Arrived on the last day of the New Year, so obviously, I got soaked on the way from the outskirts of LP to my hotel. This is also another reason I don’t have many photos from the last few days; my camera has been tucked away inside my bag to avoid getting drenched. 

Anywho, it was a nice ride, and its always nice to get back to Manichan in LP, which has, for the most part, become my home away from home. Yesterday I got in around 4PM completely exhausted and did absolutely nothing other than have an ice cold beer, watch some TV and fall asleep. 

Tomorrow, I’ve organized a half day elephant excursion which I have somewhat mixed feelings about. I’ve heard from other guests that they’ve had a blast doing it, so I’ve got to assume it should be good. Riding an elephant is also one of the last things I have yet to cross of my to-do list while in Asia. 

I have organized my bus to Vientiane on the 18th. It leaves at 8 AM and should take about 9 hours if the weather is good. I’m hoping to have dinner and possibly stay with Tom and Ann while there, but to my understanding they live about 30km from the city so this may prove unpractical. We will see. From there, Il head to Udon Thani for a night and fly back to Bangkok on the 21st. Not entirely sure how many nights I will spend in Vientiane either one or two. I may end up spending two simply because il probably be pretty exhausted after the bus ride. 

So I think I’ve finally hit the wall. I think I’m finally ready to come home. Traveling had been amazing and I never want to stop, but I need something concrete for a while. I’ve had it pretty easy here and havnt had any major issues, but I'm tired. Tired. Time to come home. While I say this now, I know within a week of being back home I’ll wish I was back here. But it is time to head home; time to head back to reality; time to get back to the real world.

All for now

No comments:

Post a Comment