Monday, April 9, 2012

Louang Prabang to Phonsavan .... my new XR!


My new 2004 Honda Baja 250cc XRL

09/04/2012 6:41 PM

So I’m back on the road again.... and it is fantastic; I think I’ve got a new best friend: my Honda Baja XR. Instead of fixing the broken light from the bike I crashed yesterday, they instead simply set me up on a different bike. It’s still the same model but this one is an XR Baja vs just the normal Baja... I'm not sure what the difference is to be entirely honest. But damn, I love this bike. The seat is a bit hard, but it is so much fun to ride; I’m so looking forward to taking it off road tomorrow to explore the Plain of Jars.


I was up at about 5 AM this morning... just like every other morning, but did not get going until about 9 AM. I pretty much had to wait for the bike shop to open up to sort things out, then they had to do a quick tune up on the XR and I was off. 

Beautiful mountain roads
I arrived around 4 PM this afternoon, I didn’t push it that hard given that I’m still a bit shaken up from my crash yesterday and the roads and views are just too beautiful to rush through. One has to remember, this is Lao... Please don’t rush.

So no major issues with the bike other than the throttle rather sticky.... its kind of the equilivant to pressing on the gas peddle in a car and it not springing back, however, you do have more control over it... anyways, I got that fixed, cost me about $5 to have the cable cleaned out. Ideally, I need a new cable, which probably should have been changed before I left, but they are not available any where outside of the big cities. So instead, they cleaned it out and lubed it up. 

Some Inspiration for my ride
Not much else to say; the ride was 268 km today... il let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
In other news,  apparently when using my laptop, while its plugged in, I need to be wearing shoes with my feet on the ground... otherwise I get a minor electric shock. Cool right? Not to worry, when its not plugged in, theres no issues, nor are there any issues if I'm wearing shoes. If it lasts me the rest of this trip, I will be more than happy. 

All for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment