Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Laptop Fixed - Cambodia


3/20/2012 3:11 PM

Well it has been a long while since I’ve checked in with anything new. My laptop has been broken for most of two weeks now and I’ve just gotten it back today. 

I arrived in Siem Reap a few days ago and have spent them seeing the temples of Angkor. I think I made a fatal mistake in going to Bagan before Cambodia; not to understate it or anything, but I’m really not all that impressed with the Temples of Angkor. Yes, they are incredibly old and beautiful, but I think the number of tourists is what destroys it for me. Bagan was empty, for the most part, you had the temples to yourself. Here, on the other hand, you are likely to be sharing them with a few hundred if not thousand people. They are beautiful, don’t get me wrong, I just liked Bagan far better.

So I’ve booked my flight home finally, for the 23rd of April. I have another ten days in Cambodia then I will fly up to Luang Prabang in Northern Lao. I am however, bored of Siem Reap and am not particularly looking forward to spending another ten days here. The day after tomorrow I will head to Battambang by boat for a few days which will hopefully having something new to offer, because I’m not going to lie, I’m fed up with seeing temples and even more fed up with all the tourists. I need to get out of this area, and find something farther off the beaten track. Hopefully, Battambang will be that place. I am currently scheduled to fly to Lao on the 30th but I think I will try to change that flight. I have been in contact with my travel agency today, about changing both my final flight home and my flight to Lao to earlier dates; the one to Lao should not be an issue, but my final flight home it seems like I am going to have the choice of coming home on the 11th or sticking to my original flight. Now, the 11th is too early, but to be honest, the thought of spending another month in Asia is to a pretty large extent beginning to bum me out. I am also running out of money and this presents a whole other set of problems. So I am really not sure at present what I am going to do.

Ideally id like another few days in Cambodia, and then a couple of weeks in Loa, which does have my flying back somewhere around the 11th of April, but my concern is, however, is that this leaves my with more than two weeks in Montreal before classes start. I guess you could say I have no idea what I am going to do. I am waiting for a response from my travel agency then Il try to figure something out. I’m just going to take things one day at a time at this point.

At this point it seems as though I am going to be sticking it out and keeping my original flights…

No comments:

Post a Comment