Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Arrival in Mandalay


02/03/2012 9:58 PM

So after much time and many delays I have arrived in Mandalay. I have not formed much of an opinion of it yet other than it has much the same atmosphere that Yangon does; one that I love. I am staying at a hotel called Nylon Hotel in Central Mandalay. I will spend either two or three nights here making a number of day trips. From here I will bus to Bagan to see the temples following which I will bus to Inle lake. On the 13th I will fly back to Yangon where I will spend another day or two and fly to either Chang Mai in Northern Thailand where I can cross into Laos by bus or to Bangkok where I would cross into Cambodia by bus. I will most likely do the former.

I have little interest in writing at this point. My flight was delayed by 6 hours... but I did eventually arrive. The hour long taxi drive was not too bad. It was 38 degrees Celcius when the plane landed at 7PM. Fortunately my hotel does have air conditioning.

I did get the camera fixed... apparently I'm just an idiot and somehow failed to realize that it was just not charged... so problem solved on that front. Internet is even more scarce here so I may not have much contact for the next few weeks.

On another note, I will have left the house in Montreal exactly two months ago... feels like I arrived in Hanoi just yesterday.

My next few days will be very busy but I will take lots of pictures and keep up writing. I’m going to bed.
Gnight

No comments:

Post a Comment